Is there going to be a One Act Play??
Everything you wanted to know about the 2021 One Act Play competition!
Dates of Competition
Sub Sections. January 30, 2021
Sections February 6, 2021
Performances to be videoed prior to competition date and submitted to judges for critique and placement. No in-person festivals.
**submission for subsections need to be received by Thursday January 28
Rehearsals to begin January 7
**more rehearsal information to be available once the cast is set.
Auditions – Email me:
- Contact information
- List any school activities
- List work schedule – dates/days and times
- List any lessons/classes (piano, dance, etc) – days/times
- List any family activities – vacations, family gatherings, celebrations, etc
- Finally – write a short paragraph about One Act – what your expectations are, what your commitment level is and your general overall feelings about rehearsing during a pandemic.
- Emails due by Tuesday, January 5th
“Acting is a sport. On stage you must be ready to move like a tennis player on his toes. Your concentration must be keen, your reflexes sharp; your body and mind are in top gear, the chase is on. Acting is energy. In the theatre people pay to see energy.”– Clive Swift.
This is a really tricky time – we’ve had to rethink everything we do…. and things are still up in the air about all the details. But we will begin this journey together, not really knowing what the end will look like. I have picked a show that has a flexible sized cast – so depending on interest and commitment we may be more or less than 8-9 cast/crew members. But whatever the case – we will have more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Please come prepared to create!
- Amelia Lueck, President
- Isaac Busse, Vice President
- Nathan Dressel, PRSecretary
- Sara Krueger, Secretary
- Lydia Montgomery, Treasurer
- Madie Tussing, Grand Poobah
Get In Touch
(952) 201 0335